Yuma County Spelling Bee
2022 Spelling Bee Information
The Arizona Educational Foundation (AEF) hosts the annual Arizona Spelling Bee. The winner of this bee will participate in the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Details regarding next steps for hosting and facilitating preliminary Spelling Bees are noted below.
- To be eligible to participate in your county or regional bee and ultimately in the Arizona Spelling Bee, schools must enroll with Scripps.
- Only students from schools (public, charter, private, or home schools) that are enrolled with Scripps National Spelling Bee (https://spellingbee.com/enrollment) will be eligible to participate in your County/Regional Bee and in the Arizona Spelling Bee.
- Regular enrollment period: August 20, 2021 through December 31, 2021
- School fee: $175
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- August 20, 2021 - December 31, 2021: Scripps Regular enrollment period.
- FEBRUARY 8, 2022: School Bees must be held by 5:00 p.m. If you are a school bee coordinator and need a copy of the District Pronouncer Guide, contact Matthew Feller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEBRUARY 15, 2022: Yuma County Spelling Bee will be held at Arizona Western College at 10:00 a.m. Registration will begin at 9:00 a.m.
March 19, 2022: 2022 Arizona Spelling Bee Date
The 2022 Arizona Spelling Bee is scheduled for Saturday, March 19th, 2022 and will be held in person at the Madison Arts Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Late May/Early June 2022: Scripps National Spelling Bee will be held in Washington, D.C.
Please note: all students must participate in at least one spelling bee to qualify for competition in a county or regional bee. Coordinators of private school and home school bees should contact the appropriate county and regional coordinator in a timely manner to (a) advise the coordinator of the school's intended participation, (b) register to participate, and (c) learn when and where county or regional bees will be held.
Each county sends one champion to the state competition with the following exceptions: Pima County sends two champions - its winner and first runner-up; Maricopa County Regions each send two contestants, the winner and first runner up from each of its six regions.
School coordinators must contact their district, LEA, Charter Management Organization/CMO, Education Management Organization/EMO, or equivalent education corporation coordinator (if applicable) or your county/regional coordinator if you are not part of a district, LEA, CMO or EMO to make sure your bee is planned in time for your winner to be included in the next level of competition.
A school winner's name MUST be reported to the appropriate next-level coordinator. Once the school winner(s) is reported, ensure that the student(s) have all the information they need to compete in the next-level bee.
More detailed information is available on the AEF website.
If you have further questions about your school or local bee, please contact the Carolyn Marquez, email@example.com or Cristal Kautzer firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 373-1006.
2022 Entry Form - County Spelling Bee Finalist: